Taking USDA Organic Commodity Prices Data To The Next Level
The USDA releases a bi-weekly National Organic Grain and Feedstuffs Report which reports on grower FOB farm gate food grade and feed grade organic grain bids for spot, forward, and cash contracts. Mercaris then offers comparisons between its own weekly pricing information, USDA and CME information.
In addition, Mercaris publishes the most timely and accurate pricing information through its Market Survey, the most comprehensive and largest organic and non-GMO data set available to date. Dozens of first purchasers of premium organic and non-GMO grains participate, encompassing more than 8-12 percent of the total domestic organic and non-GMO market.
Detailed Grain Reports For A Variety of Needs
At Mercaris, we’re approached by a wide range of clients who need both USDA organic prices as well as other analysis such as historical reports and customized insights. We serve a variety of customers including: investors, traders, farmers, manufacturers, analysts and many others who need unique data to help them run their businesses. Users often seek out our organic grain reports to help them target trends for accurately determining future investment courses. Our organic grain reports are available weekly, biweekly, monthly and annually. Here are some examples of the information you’ll find in them:
Mercaris Weekly Grain Price Report (comparing organic to conventional)
- Delivered organic corn price
- Delivered organic wheat price
- Delivered organic soybean price
- USDA farm-gate prices: organic corn, organic wheat, organic soybeans
- Conventional Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) futures prices
Organic Grain Supply and Demand
- Domestic organic grain acreage, by state and nationally
- Organic feed grain demand
- Organic grain processing capacity
- Organic food grain demand
- Total certified organic farms by state
Organic Import Data
- Monthly organic import volume
- Trends in import prices
- Key importers and destination ports
- Organic comparison with conventional grains
- Storage costs
Mercaris pricing data helps you better understand your market position. Users can also use Mercaris reports and data to help them with negotiations, since Mercaris is an unbiased third party and does not take a market position.
In addition, our online auction platform provides users with data on auction closures for organic grains, allowing you to see current going rates in our online marketplace, along with the results of hundreds of past auctions.
Experience the Mercaris advantage today!